Sunday, September 21, 2008

Exercise 23

Now at the end of the journey as I reflect back I remember that when we started the Web 2.0 programme I like many others was not sure of my ability to complete the necessary exercises. This programme has certainly expanded my knowledge of terminology and the accompanying technology although it was a challenge to find the time to sit and complete the exercises. Some late nights were definitely involved.

It has been an interesting learning experience and I acknowledge that without participating I probably never would have taken the time to explore the many different applications and opportunities that are available like Flicker, or establishing a Bloglines account or learning about RSS feds. No I am not going to list all the activities but will say that I probably won’t go on to use Rollyo or Zohowriter.

With exercise 17, I received a comment in Spanish, inviting me to visit a blog by secondary students in Argentina
https://nodiscrimine.blogspot.com
on discrimination but the actual message is for there to be no discrimination. The website has a translator so you can read it in English but I had to find a translator programme to understand the comment on my blog. This was a different learning exercise outside of the programme.

The only exercise that I really needed assistance on was the podcast and it was (the suppose to be easy step of) pulling the RSS feed into my Bloglines account that stumped me originally. I acknowledge the help I had from the NSL web team on this.

There are things that I will continue to use especially YouTube and Facebook but then I had already explored these prior to our programme.

Many thanks for the opportunity to participate.

2 comments:

NSL Training Support Team said...

Congratulations! Another thing you learnt with this programme is that you have more knowledge and skills than you thought you had at the beginning of the programme. You did this course mostly without help. So, well done!

And thank you for sharing your experience of the Spanish comment. How exciting!

Alana said...

What browser are you using at the moment Ma? You should give google chrome a go if IE/firefox are slowing you up. I quite like it, plus it automatically checks your spelling (sort of like Word). Also, totally keep the blog going, I like it! You could explore webcomics next. Start with Order of the Stick.