Saturday, November 28, 2009

Twitter an Introduction

I have had a look at several twitters but the two I have selected to comment on are:

NASA: I found this organisations twitter really interesting as many of the tweets included links that take you through to more comprehensive information on what is happening in different areas at NASA. The disadvantage of course is that it is time consuming, but the advantage is that it links to some really interesting information.

Cookbook via twitter: I checked this out and can see that it must be a real challenge to be able to put a recipe on using only 140 characters. The latest recipe listed when I visited was for Pumpkin Pie -- I thought that Pumpkin Pie was traditional in USA around Halloween and not for Thanksgiving!
I found some of the tweets were difficult to interpret -- I guess the proof would be in the pudding as they say. I wasn't really tempted to dash to the kitchen and start baking and think that for me I prefer cookbooks with beautiful pictures / illustrations.

No comments: