Sunday, August 10, 2008

Anything technology related

I found facebook was really great to keep in contact with family when overseas -- together skype and the webcam.
Currently I have added 'Scrabulous' (this is a game of scrabble online) to facebook and have two games going with different opponents.
I must admit because I work at a computer for the major part of my workday that often I do not feel like sitting down at night and exploring all the great new technology available. I do realise that I am not taking full advantage of all that is available.

Does anyone else really like 'Spellcheck'? I often find that my mind and my fingers have a difference of opinion so it is great to have a tool to assist -- provided that it is New Zealand English.

2 comments:

SoAndSo said...

Skype, free. Hmm.. sounds like a library service in the making. Maybe we could have a dedicated screen at each branch acting as a permanent 'window' to other branches. Imax size of course. But spellcheck! i hate those little wiggly lines. i mean, if i want to write an incomple-

Aunty of 3 said...

Scrabble online sounds like fun...but not something I've tried. Have a fear of playing with real people online as I probably wouldn't sit still for long enough to complete an online game and would leave my opponent hanging...! I love spellcheck... especially when I use my laptop at home as I'm always hitting the wrong key with it being a smaller keyboard. Spellcheck should be compulsory and automatic on all sites! Nothing more frustrating than seeing an error once you've 'posted' something and even worse if you cannot work out how to edit it!