Saturday, December 5, 2009

RSS Feeds

Exercise 1
I searched for 'Wind - alternate energy' and bookmarked my chosen article, then I successfully saved an image. On revisiting MyAccessScience both the search and image
were saved.

Exercise 2
I repeated the same search in Proquest and set up the alert linked to my gmail account. I had to go to Bloglines to get my password as I could not remember it. Then when I attempted to add the URL which I had copied and pasted I got a message that Proquest was not available (doing some maintenance.) I will have to revisit this exercise later in the week but because of time restraints will continue with the next part of this module.
The RSS feeds that I set up during the Web 2.0 programme last year continue to operate successfully.